Friday, October 30, 2015

Why I am in Love with a Zombie Novel - Scott Smith's An Outcast State

You might think it a bit unusual that RAB is publishing a young adult dystopian novel, but there's always a good story behind anything out of the ordinary.

This week's book is AN OUTCAST STATE by Scott Smith, a first novel by an English teacher, who just happened to have won the 2014 Dante Rossetti war or Best Young adult dystopian novel.  Now i it in it's way to us?

Scott sent in a short story submission to my second zombie romance story, STILL HUNGRY FOR YOUR LOVE, which I loved.  It was both romantic and horrific, perfect for my short story collection.  I asked him if he was working on anything else, and, lo and behold, he was and gave me AN OUTCAST STATE, which you will see is also very romantic and pretty gruesome.  I told our cover artist to think of it as Zombieland meets The Walking Dead.

I love finding new authors and giving them a start in their careers, and I am so proud to have published both Scott's first piece of fiction in my anthology, and now, is first novel.

This is a very special experience, an one I hope I will do often.

But I think you'll find that this novel is a page-turner of a tale.

An I am especially in fond the last line!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment