Tuesday, September 28, 2021

What We're Looking for at RAB

I'm attending my first in-person writer's conference this November - The Liberty States Writers Conference in New Jersey on November 6th, 

https://www.libertystatesfictionwriters.com

They asked me to tell participants what I am looking to publish at Riverdale Avenue Books, and I quickly jotted down some thoughts. I surprised myself by having quite an extensive list, so I am including it here.

Feel free to share.

We are looking for people to write books in our Binge Watcher’s Guide series. If you love a TV show or movie series and feel you can fill a book with your insight, pitch me.

Anyone who is working on redefining the vampire mythos. I do NOT want Twilight/Anne Rice/True Blood vampires, but vampires for a new generation.
 

In romance, I want new alpha heroes — no billionaires, athletes or military guys. We want the new men of Ted Lasso.


In horror, women and children who kill. We want men to be afraid, very afraid. Revenge is a good motivator too.


Post #MeToo romance, romantic suspense.


Erotic Historicals, a la Bridgerton.


Romance set in nontraditional times and places.


Romantic science fiction, Star Trek as a soap opera, jumping from bed to bed.


LGBTQ+ fiction and nonfiction.


Women-centric memoir


Polyamory

No comments:

Post a Comment