Wednesday, December 9, 2015

An Interview with the Daring Author of A Scarlet Christmas, the Femdomme Retelling of A Christmas Carol

How did the idea come to you?

I started writing this story years ago but only got a few paragraphs in. I never throw anything away and sometimes, when I look at the bits and pieces I wrote in the past, I get ideas for new stories. I ran across my Christmas Carol a few months ago and started having dreams about all the fun things that could happen. That's not a figure of speech; I actually started dreaming about scenes I could add to the story and, yes, I tended to wake up pretty turned on. And then I got turned on to the business of writing it.

Tell us about the writing process?

In fact, I got so turned on to writing the story, I couldn't stop until it was finished. I went to Mexico over Thanksgiving week and took my laptop with me. Yep, I wrote the last 5 or 6 thousand words in my hotel room in Mexico--that's how invested I became in this story!

Anybody in particular inspire your Ebenezer?

The original Scrooge inspired my Ebenezer, initially, but then the City of New York completed the inspiration. I often say that New York is usually a central character in most of my stories, as important as any character who walks on two legs, and Ebenezer came out of the entire Holiday experience in the city. When Dickens wrote A Christmas Carol, he put the whole of his world into the tale. He wrote about people he knew, people he saw and events that unfolded around him. None of the characters in A Scarlet Christmas is based on any actual person, instead, each character is made up of pieces of everyone around me, including myself.

Anything else like this you’re working on?  What’s next?

Now, I'm taking a break. But I'm thinking of the next piece I want to write. I'm not sure what it is yet, but I want to do something with the same feel. I'll know it when I see it.

D. L. King
New York City

D. L. King http://dlkingerotica.blogspot.com http://www.dlkingerotica.com http://twitter.com/d_l_king

No comments:

Post a Comment